The book includes the novel "The Wrong Box", the various novels and stories, as well as a collection of "Fables", which was published after Stevenson's death in 1900.
The heroes of the novel "The Wrong Box" waiting for exciting adventures, like the heroes of "Treasure Island", but quite another kind, more amusing than dangerous. However, the characters themselves believe otherwise...
Before the heroes of the story "The Treasure of Franchard" dilemma — how to deal with the accident found the ancient treasure? An eccentric doctor Henry Desprez and his adopted son Jean-Marie, the little philosopher, on this account different opinions.
Returning to England after a trip to Paris, a young Richard Naseby, the hero of the story "The Story of a Lie", quarrels with his father. He also makes acquaintance with Esther, which soon falls...
In the story "The Sire De Maletroit’s Door" returning to friendly get-togethers after midnight, the young Chevalier Denis de Beaulieu accidentally falls into the house from which he cannot escape without agreeing to some conditions of the owner...
In the story "Providence and the Guitar" artistic couple on the road in the small town of Castel-le-Gachis. As it turned out — here they will find a warm reception and success.
Fettes, the hero of the story "The Body-Snatcher", lives in solitude in a small town, accidentally meets a man from her past — visiting London doctor MacFarlane.
In "The Dynamiter" the reader will meet with the wise Caliph — Prince Florizel, insignificant, but self-important villain-the Dynamiter, with a new Scheherazade, a charming girl Clara, and the audience for her tales — the three noble and gullible young gentlemen. And learns that being a terrorist is not that bad, but just embarrassing and bad. And that love is stronger than anything.
Table of Contents:
THE WRONG BOX
1. In Which Morris Suspects
2. In Which Morris takes Action
3. The Lecturer at Large
4. The Magistrate in the Luggage Van
5. Mr Gideon Forsyth and the Gigantic Box
6. The Tribulations of Morris: Part the First
7. In Which William Dent Pitman takes Legal Advice
8. In Which Michael Finsbury Enjoys a Holiday
9. Glorious Conclusion of Michael Finsbury’s Holiday
10. Gideon Fors Jimson
11. The Maestro Jimson
12. Positively the Last Appearance of the Broadwood Grand
13. The Tribulations of Morris: Part the Second
14. William Bent Pitman Hears of Something to his Advantage
15. The Return of the Great Vance
16. Final Adjustment of the Leather Business
STORIES AND NOVELS
THE TREASURE OF FRANCHARD
1. By the Dying Mountebank.
2. Morning Talk
3. The Adoption.
4. The Education of a Philosopher.
5. Treasure Trove.
6. A Criminal Investigation, in Two Parts.
7. The Fall of the House of Desprez.
8. The Wages of Philosophy.
THE STORY OF A LIE
1. Introduces the Admiral
2. A Letter to the Papers
3. In the Admiral’s Name
4. Esther on the Filial Relation
5. The Prodigal Father Makes His Debut at Home
6. The Prodigal Father Goes on from Strength to Strength
7. The Elopement
8. Battle Royal
9. In which the Liberal Editor Re-Appears as ‘Deus Ex Machina’
THE SIRE DE MALETROIT’S DOOR
PROVIDENCE AND THE GUITAR
THE MISADVENTURES OF JOHN NICHOLSON
1. In which John Sows the Wind
2. In which John Reaps the Whirlwind
3. In which John Enjoys the Harvest Home
4. The Second Sowing
5. The Prodigal’s Return
6. The House at Murrayfield
7. A Tragi-Comedy in a Cab
8. Singular Instance of the Utility of Pass-Keys
9. In which Mr. Nicholson Accepts the Principle of an Allowance
Dedication To Messrs. Cole and Cox, Police Officers
A Note for the Reader
1. Prologue of the Cigar Divan
2. Challoner’s Adventure: The Squire of Dames
3. Story of the Destroying Angel
4. The Squire of Dames (Concluded)
5. Somerset’s Adventure: The Superfluous Mansion
6. Narrative of the Spirited Old Lady
7. The Superfluous Mansion (Continued)
8. Zero’s Tale of the Explosive Bomb.
9. The Superfluous Mansion (Continued)
10. Desborough’s Adventure: The Brown Box
11. Story of the Fair Cuban
12. The Brown Box (Concluded)
13. The Superfluous Mansion (Concluded)
14. Epilogue of the Cigar Divan
1. The Persons of the Tale.
2. The Sinking Ship.
3. The Two Matches.
4. The Sick Man and the Fireman.
5. The Devil and the Innkeeper.
6. The Penitent
7. The Yellow Paint.
8. The House of Eld.
9. The Four Reformers.
10. The Man and His Friend.
11. The Reader.
12. The Citizen and the Traveller.
13. The Distinguished Stranger.
14. The Cart-Horses and the Saddle-Horse.
15. The Tadpole and the Frog.
16. Something in it.
17. Faith, Half Faith and No Faith at All.
18. The Touchstone.
19. The Poor Thing.
20. The Song of the Morrow.
Audiobook. The Wrong Box by Robert Louis Stevenson